Thursday, 13 November 2014

Carmela 1 - Dengue 0

So I arrived home to discover that my wonderfully-constructed Latin American dengue-proof shower didn't drain while I was away at work.  Eep!  My first thought: Dengue!  Eep!  I told Pipe and Jairo... Jairo said I needed a plunger.  Pipe agreed that baking soda and vinegar (something acidic) might successfully unclog the drain.  We thought my hair and my Canadian bar soap clogged the drain, but I clean my shower pretty well, so I think it was the bar soap (Pipe reminded me that soap turns into fat).  I poked holes in my drain with a paper clip(!) to let the undissolved soapy bits fall through, poured the local cleaner down the drain, and proceeded to clean my whole bathroom (It's that time of week anyhoo).  So now I have a sparkly clean WC and Pipe is very proud of me.  Haha. I still will shop for a plunger and "something acid" (as he suggested) with him when I get the chance.  No dengue allowed!  ><  I'll stick to local liquid body wash too.  Heh.  :$

By the way my students laughed because the old Canucks calendar photo of Alex Burrows (for November) that I stuck in my classroom makes them think his name is Alex Donkeys.  I had to teach them how to say Burr (Burrows' nickname).

No comments:

Post a Comment